If you noticed a small disruption of the service on the site, don’t panic. I’ve switched to a new server with more power. All things should be running smoothly thanks to the Linux God who manage the server.
I’ve been toying slightly with the design recently, and I just noticed today that it’s pretty obvious that almost any browsing I do happens in Firefox. The site (well top menu anyway) looks awful in Internet Explorer – auch. Better fix that some time in 2005.
So I thought I did a decent job of cleaning up and recovering the site after the evil crash a few months ago. Browsing through the 404 (file-not-found) logs sadly tells a different story. Damn. I was hoping to be fully recovered by New Years Eve. That’s probably a little too ambitious.
For the Danish and English reading folks there’s a new combined feed available which sources news from both the Danish and the English track of this site. Enjoy.
So after salvaging a bunch of content from Google’s cache and other sources, I’ve started working on getting the site back online with a new design and a few new surprises which has been due for quite a while. First step was bump up the MovableType engine to the 3.12 version and installing a bunch of plugins – MTBlackList, MTMultiblog and others.
I still need a few things left to do in the MT plugin department, but it seems a large number of plugins haven’t been upgraded to MT3.x or at least didn’t bother to tell if they work with MT3. Guess I’ll find the answer through testing then.
Sometime during the night between Thursday and Friday last week, the disk RAID in this server burned two disks and forgot to enable the spare disk in the RAID. The server went down, the lights went out and the site (along with the other sites hosted here).
Thanks to a Linux Magician we have a new server running – and the content should eventually start to reappear with the next few days (and weeks).