It’s been quiet here for a while, but be things have been happening behind the scenes. In case your wondering the site (and surroundings) have been seeing a number of updates which eventually may make it into separate posts.
- I’m running on a Digital Ocean droplet. It was provisioned as an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, which is dead by now (as in no more updates including security updates). The server has now been roll up to an Ubuntu 16.04 LTS in place.
- As I was messing around with the server, I’ve added IPv6 support.
- The DNS has been updated to have full support for DNSSEC.
- My Let’s Encrypt Certificates now has automated certificate renewals and I’ve upgraded to CAA support.
- The Webserver has been switched from Apache to NGINX.
- The PHP has been switched from PHP 5.6 series to a modern 7.0.
- I’m adopting full Git-backed backup of all server setup and configuration using BitBucket.org. It’s not complete but most config files have been added and managed using GitHub.
These was the majority of changes on the site and server the past few months. With these updates in place, I might get back to producing content for the site.